Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6: What do I do?

Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question "what do you do?"

Wow, what a loaded question.

So, what do I do?

Being honest (and this isn't a cop-out), I am a student.

I've always really loved learning, even more so when the learning is in my particular area of interest.
I'm not just a student at a university, I'm a student of life (is that cheesy? Oh well!).
But seriously, I feel like I'm constantly learning about myself, about the Gospel, about other people, and about the world. 

To prove that this isn't just a cop-out, I'll share some potentially nerdy facts about myself:
~I am addicted to TED talks. I've mentioned this one before, but seriously, TED is amazing.
~I listen to General Conference talks every night in bed while I fall asleep.
~I'd rather read an autobiography or something non-fiction over Nicholas Sparks or Jodi Picoult (though those are amazing too, and I do take the time to read them ;) )
~It's not uncommon to find me spending a Saturday night watching a documentary on Netflix.
~Top Gear is one of my favorite shows. Hey, it's educational in its own way :)

In short, there are a lot of ways I could have answered this question, but I will forever be a student even long after I have my degree and have left college campuses and textbooks behind.

My fourth grade teacher would be so proud that I really have become a lifelong learner :)


No comments:



blogger template by lovebird