Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Infinite Power of Hope


I am so thankful for the lesson we had today about hope, given from President Uchtdorf's talk, The Infinite Power of Hope, found here.

Just as we often hear that faith is the antidote to fear, hope is the antidote to despair.
When we are fearful or are in despair, we lose faith and hope in Heavenly Father and His son, and in their ability to heal us and help us through anything and everything.

"Hope is one leg of a three-legged stool, together with faith and charity. These three stabilize our lives regardless of the rough or uneven surfaces we might encounter at the time... Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness."

We all have moments of despair or sorrow, where our hope may seem to falter or even seem lost.
As we learn to rely on our faith in those moments, He will be there to take our hand and help pull us through. 

How thankful I am for my Father in Heaven and His patience with me and His willingness to always be there for me, even in moments where the last thing I might want to do is turn to Him.

He is always there, no matter what.
We can always have faith and hope in Him.


No comments: