Sunday, August 11, 2013

Call Me Betty

...Betty Crocker, that is.

Once upon a time I set out to find the perfect homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe.
It's no secret that I'm a chocolate chip cookie lover, and let's be honest, there really isn't anything better than a fresh-out-of-the-oven, ooey gooey, need-a-big-glass-of-milk to follow it up, chocolate chip cookie.

I began my venture nearly three years ago, and I am proud to say that as of June 16th, I accomplished my goal.

I had given up on believing pinteresters claims that they held the secret to the best cookie recipe, so I found two that looked promising, did a little tweaking, and voila, I ended up with cookies that my father claims "are better than Mrs. Fields."
(I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever had a Mrs. Fields cookie. Shocking coming from a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur, I know, but I take that as quite the compliment :) )

Baking just feels wrong without a cute apron and some Frank Sinatra


 Now I'm no food photographer, and I don't pretend to be, so be nice.



And they actually stayed that fluffy!

Even hours later when we came home from a concert they were just as soft and delicious as they had been earlier that afternoon.


My mother will attest to the fact that I was the happiest girl alive that day.

Mission accomplished.


No comments: