Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Change of Perspective

There's been this video circulating around Facebook and the blogosphere.
Take a minute to watch...


I went through an interesting and mutual break up once, where we gave some constructive criticism that we could apply to our next relationships.
(Weird, I know. That whole relationship was weird...)

One of the things he told me was to quit being so critical of things that most people never notice about myself.
He told me that the second you point it out to a guy, they notice it, and will continue to notice it.
Whether it be a physical feature, or a personality trait that you see as a flaw, chances are they haven't even noticed it.

This video brought that back to my mind and as a result I've started a challenge with myself.
Instead of looking in the mirror and noticing how observable my "flaws" are, or examining my personality and wondering how observable those "flaws" are, I've challenged myself to look at myself without those flaws in view, much like how I would be described by someone whom I just met.

Why walk around being self-conscious about things no one even notices?
Even if they do notice, who cares?
Be confident and be proud!
You're beautiful the way you are :)


1 comment:

Amanda Schroeder said...

I love this. I love that video. I could watch it over & over & over. Thanks for commenting today. I will definitely be setting you up. Haha. My husband's best friend is like SOOO short! He's good looking, but so short. So that's his only set back. LOL.