Friday, July 29, 2011

It's a Passion

Today I woke up, ate a hearty breakfast of banana bread that I made at midnight last night, and then got to cleaning.
 I spent just under four hours cleaning my apartment.
I cleaned every room (besides the other girls rooms...), washed the windows, and even cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer.

I don't know what it is...
Maybe it's that I can just zone out and focus on my music, usually Frank Sinatra or Adele radio on Pandora.
Maybe I'm a little OCD and I just love the feeling of making things clean.

I do know...
I was raised in a very clean household and since moving out, I've inherited my mother's traits of keeping a home clean.
I feel so much better about everything when I'm living in a clean space.
I'm excited for my parents and my older sister and her family to come visit and see me living in my apartment. Maybe that's what possessed me to spend an entire day cleaning.

It was a good day.
It made me happy.
Everything is clean.

Now we'll see how long it lasts...

1 comment:

Alee said...

I feel the samy way! I can't think unless everything is clean. It's like a drug when I work so hard and see the finished product of a clean room or house! Keep up the good work :)