Sunday, July 24, 2011

What Dreams May Come

Hold fast to dreams
for if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly

Hold fast to dreams
for when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

-Langston Hughes
________________________________________________________________

I dream that I can be a stay at home mom, playing with my kids, cooking, cleaning, baking for the neighbors, doing crafty things that make all of my friends jealous.
I dream that I can be a working woman, getting up early in the morning and exercising before putting on my pencil skirt and heels and driving to my office in the city.
I dream that I can go on a mission - somewhere foreign - and teach, convert, and baptize.
I dream that I can go to grad school or law school or dental school or med school.
I dream that I can travel the world - a new adventure every break from school I get - to India, Greece, Italy, Bali, Argentina, France, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and on and on.

But most of all...
I dream that I can be happy, successful, content and in love with wherever life leads me.
I dream that I will do the best that I can do in whatever I end up doing.
I dream that I can have trust and faith in the plan that there is for my life and that I can be patient with the things over which I have no control.
I dream that I can spend my days honestly happy and able to focus on the things that truly matter.
________________________________________________________________

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. 
Circumstances and situations do color life but you have been given the mind to choose what the color shall be."

John Homer Miller


No comments: