Monday, December 5, 2011

My Day

Today started out dreary and it didn't hold much promise.
When your alarm goes off at 7, and just for kicks you check the temperature outside and it's -3 degrees, you know it's bound to be a rough Monday.
Getting out of bed I groaned and rubbed my eyes, realizing that I was the only one in my apartment that was awake.

Then, I remembered this:
So I changed my attitude and decided to make getting out of bed worth it.
Changing your attitude can suck, but it can make a world of difference.

Walking to my first class (which is on the complete opposite side of campus, a nearly twenty minute walk, uphill...) in -3 degree weather with a wind chill on top of that, would not normally be a great start to my day.
But - you're about to think I'm crazy - there's something invigorating about freezing to the degree of numbness.
Getting to class, I was awake and ready for the day.

So thanks, Rexburg, for the wake up call to stop complaining about the things in life that I can't change.
Sometimes, you just have to realize that life is beautiful.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You light up your Mommy's life =) Thank you!