Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Christmas day was wonderful.
It started with opening presents.
I expected nothing of grandeur, but my parents surprised me (that's an understatement... tears came to my eyes because of the surprise...) with a Canon EOS Rebel T3.
Yay!
I've only been dreaming of a DSLR for nearly three years.

Remember how in my last post I mentioned that I was thinking of doing a Project 365 year 2?
 Well now I really just might have to :)

I've spent a lot of time today taking pictures of anything, and everything.
Granted, I have a LOT to learn!


After gift-giving and my mom's delicious Christmas breakfast, we went to church, and later on we had my grandparents over for dinner.
After dinner we headed out to my grandparents to meet up with some other family to celebrate Christmas.
My grandma then began teaching me how to crochet.
Let me tell you, once you get the hang of it, it's addicting.
I've found a new hobby!

It's been a really great day filled with skype calls, Christmas music, photos, yarn, and too much food to even think about.

I'm so thankful for my family, friends, the birth of Christ, my Savior.

"Because He came, death has lost its sting, the grave its victory. We will live again because He came. Because He came and paid for our sins, we have the opportunity to gain eternal life. Because He came, we are gathered together to worship Him, in bonds of brotherhood and love. May His precious spirit be with us, and may He ever be the center of our celebrations and indeed of our very lives."
-Thomas S. Monson


No comments: