Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

"It's only when you grow up, and step back from him, or leave him for your own career and your own home - it's only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it. Pride reinforces love."
-Margaret Truman 

Alan Curtis Inkley
Born October 27th, 1960

Favorite food: Anything my mom cooks
Favorite book: Anything philosophical
Favorite daughter: He claims there isn't a favorite, but we all know it's Alanna ;)
Favorite movie: Mean Girls (not seriously, but he really does think it's hilarious)
Favorite hobby: Hiking
Lessons he's taught me: be passionate in what you do; there's more to life than money; the value of music, good literature, and good movies; RELAX; and I could go on for hours
Song that reminds me of him: Vienna by Billy Joel. Whenever I hear that song I can remember him playing it on the piano and can still hear his voice singing it. It's always been my favorite song to hear him sing (that and anything by the Eagles)


I wish I could be home to spend Father's Day with you, dad!
I hope you have a great day and remember how much I love you and appreciate all you've ever done for me.

"A Father is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family. This love for children, this desire to see them well and happy, is a constant in a time of change."
-Thomas S. Monson

You can read more about my amazing father here.

No comments: