Thursday, June 9, 2011

Class of 2010

Last night I laid in bed reminiscing about my senior year of high school.
I listened to an old recording of my jazz choir from my Sophomore year.
I looked at pictures of old friends.
I read some saved text messages.
I realized that the four years I spent in that little old rusted building were some of the best years of my life.
I learned so much about myself and I became who I am today.

Now that I'm a year removed, I realize just how much high school meant to me.
Spending three hours a day in the choir room gave me a sense of purpose.
I learned things in classes that my professors expect me to know now.
I made mistakes, some of which I'm still paying for.
I learned a lot about my personality - my strengths, weaknesses, and my downfalls.
I met teachers who still have an impact on me to this day.
I met people whom I hope I will never forget.

Winning first place at my last jazz festival :)

State Solo and Ensemble 2010

Senior Tolo 2010

Senior Prom 2010

Class of 2010 Chamber choir/Jazz choir members

My last high school choir concert

Bonney, Grayson and I on graduation day
June 12th, 2010

So while I may have days where I miss waking up at 4:45 every morning, spending three hours in the choir room, having my teachers conspire and plan every test for the same day, actually getting to bed before 11, and still being sheltered from the real world...
I wouldn't have changed a thing :)
(Except for cherishing it a little more)

1 comment:

Alee said...

Oh Melissa! You read my mind. I miss this. Ah memory lane.