Thursday, October 21, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

For FHE this last Monday we carved pumpkins. For some reason I've been looking forward to Halloween like no other this year. It's typically not a big deal for me and I've never really enjoyed it. This year I couldn't be more excited :)

We all teamed up and carved them in pairs. I personally think that Rusty and I were the most inventive (we didn't use one of the cheater pages from the books...) and that we have the best pumpkin. I might be a little biased though ;)

(Rusty and I's pumpkin, which looks a thousand times better in person)

Okay, so maybe it isn't too incredibly amazing especially compared to some of the others, but I think it turned out great.


On a different note, I've yet to come up with any ideas about what to be for Halloween. I'll accept any and all help :) Keep in mind, I'm a poor college student.

Autumn has always been my favorite season. I absolutely love it for multiple reasons:
1. Hot chocolate. More specifically, hazelnut hot chocolate. This one is the most important and it basically trumps all other reasons for my love of autumn :) It seems like I'm constantly needing to buy more of it.... (care package idea? hint hint mom...)
2. The trees and the leaves changing colors
3. The pleasant chill in the air (except when you're walking to class at 7:30 in the morning)
4. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chip loaf, pretty much anything pumpkin
5. My new electric blanket on my bed, which I crank up to the highest setting about ten minutes before getting into bed
6. Thanksgiving
7. Getting an entire week off from school for Thanksgiving and road-tripping to Utah!
8. Coats, scarves, hats, gloves and boots
9. Snuggling up in a blanket with some hazelnut hot chocolate and reading by a fire
10. November 19th. The single most important date in the year of 2010, including my 18th birthday and my graduation day. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 comes out in theaters.

So, in short, autumn is hands down the best time of the year :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

pumpkin ice cream.. you should try it :)