Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

My parents started a new tradition this year.
Instead of spending Christmas alone, they've decided to go to Alanna's house and Jen's house every other year for Christmas.
Once I get married, I'll be thrown in there as well, so they'll come to one of our houses every third year.

They started with Alanna, so my mom, dad and I all headed to Colorado on the 22nd.

We spent a lot of time just hanging out, playing with the kids, eating some amazing food, playing games, and visiting. 

On Sunday we took a trip to Glenwood Springs for a cave tour!

Riding the tram!


View from the tram
The kids loved the tram ride!


I love this picture, despite the fact that you can tell it was ridiculously bright outside, and we all look ridiculous! :)


The caves were pretty cool. I think the kids enjoyed it, especially the stories about the dragons :)

Sunday, the 23rd, was our Christmas Eve. Originally we thought that my brother in law would have to work on the 25th, and my dad has to work tomorrow, so we planned to do Christmas Eve on the 23rd and Christmas on the 24th. The kids didn't know the difference.

So our Christmas Eve came and we all drank Egg Nog, watched the 49ers get trashed by the Seahawks (boo!) and then opened our traditional Christmas Eve pajamas.
Everyone got a pair this year!

In our brand new Christmas pajamas :)
Then grandpa did his traditional reading of The Night Before Christmas


The kids (finally) went to bed and fell asleep, and then Santa came... ;)


More to come about Christmas Day!



No comments: