Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Semester 2012

Alright, here's the run-down on my semester!

I'm working part time, still at the Alumni office, and I'm taking 14 credits.
I've never taken less than 15 credits, so this semester is seeming like a breeze so far.
Who knew that you could actually have a social life if you aren't slammed with homework all day every day! :)

These are my classes:

Infant and Toddler Development: I'll love it once we get past all of the theory and research stuff that we go over in EVERY child development class. It's an early class and my teacher (who I'm distantly related to) kind of puts me to sleep... But, I'm so excited to tour the L&D and Nursery at the hospital later this semester!
Adolescent Development: I really like this class, and my teacher is great. He used to teach at BYU and he did a lot of research and had quite a few journal articles published worldwide on his findings. He's a fun teacher.
Parenting: I absolutely LOVE this class. I have the same teacher I had for Child Development last year, and he's definitely one of my favorite teachers of all time.
Children's Literature: This class is so much fun! All we have for homework is reading children's novels (like Ella Enchanted, Harry Potter, Charlotte's Web, Beauty, and so on). My teacher reads us picture books and is having us start out own personal children's library.
Prep for Eternal Marriage: Laugh all you want, but I love this class. Brother Pyper is awesome and he has a lot of really great insights. I've learned a lot already!

So with all of that, work, and a social life, I'm plenty busy and really enjoying this semester :)
Hopefully I can continue to say that for a while!



No comments:



blogger template by lovebird