Sunday, September 9, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Vacation, Day Five

Today was the day we decided to head home so we could make it to the BYU kick-off game Thursday night.
It felt like we'd already been gone for a week and a half.
We'd done so much and seen so many things, and I think we were both rather content to get home and sleep in our own beds.

But first, we had a lot to see in Zion National Park.

We began the morning with a hike to the Emerald Pools.



I didn't even take any pictures of the pools.
I'm not sure I even really looked at them because I was mesmerized by the waterfalls.
I was also busy cooling off underneath them :)

After that we did the Temple of Sinawa which leads to The Narrows.

I spy, with my little eye, a mountain goat!

I spy, with my little eye, a hummingbird!


My dad and I finally decided to just do it, the Narrows hike, which is the one where you hike through the Virgin River.
We only had our hiking boots, but neither of us really cared. I really wanted to do it even though we'd have to walk two miles back on a path and take a forty minute shuttle ride back to the truck.

I'm so glad we did it.

It was so much fun!





I already want to go back and hike even further in.
Maybe when there are less people :)

So overall, I had the time of my life, saw things I'll never forget, and created memories that will last forever.

Everything aligned perfectly for our unplanned trip and we had so much fun.

I'm very glad I took the time off of work and the time away from Rexburg just to spend time with my dad doing some of our favorite things and seeing some more National Park and National Monuments.

There's not much I love more than exploring and learning more about the world.
What a beautiful place we live in.

 

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird