Sunday, August 14, 2011

She Means a Lot to Me


*Disclaimer....*
Please excuse my sappy-ness. I had a terrible head cold when I wrote this. Head colds make me sappy <--- Fun Fact.


Dear Haley,

Today is your birthday. You're no longer a teenager, woohoo! It's been three long weeks since I last laid my eyes on your pretty little face, woke up to you talking/doing weird things in your sleep, and had any Haley/Melissa moments. Thank goodness you will be gracing me with your presence in just three short days. I have missed you more than you know, and I can't wait to have four weeks just you and I! 
I am so eternally grateful (this is me getting serious now...) that I met you a year ago. I am so fortunate that you were placed in my life, and in that one year of friendship, I've found so many reasons why the big man upstairs needed us to be friends. In just one year we've created so many memories that will last a lifetime, and I know that we'll continue to make more.

I'm so thankful for your family who has taken me in and made me feel so welcome.
I'm so thankful for the example that you always set for me, no matter what.
I'm so thankful for how you're always so understanding whenever I get difficult, or upset with you.
I'm so thankful for what a sweet, caring, loving, honest, virtuous, and beautiful person you are.
I'm so thankful for the nights that you provide me with entertainment by talking to your alarm clock in your sleep (well, I'm thankful for the laughs in the morning, at least ;) )
I'm so thankful for our friendship, which I know will stay strong, no matter where life takes the both of us.

I just hope that life takes us to our front porch when we're eighty years old, singing to Lady GaGa with our white helmet hair and breaking various bones by trying to re-enact how we used to be able to dance.

I love you lots, Hay. You deserve to have a fabulous day.

Love,
Your BEFF,
Melissa

No comments: