Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day and Birthday Celebration

Happy Birthday to my wonderful, beautiful, talented, and all-knowing mother!


My mom's taken a lot of sarcasm, tough-love, and hard days from this daughter of hers.
If she had any gray hairs I'd say I definitely caused a few.
(Sometimes I still do...)

She's the one I call when I need help with the logistical sides of life...
From opening a bank account, to not having the slightest clue where to begin with taxes.

She's the one I call when I need cooking help.
Yesterday, for example, I think I called her at least five times.
I kid you not.

She's the one I call when I'm having a complete emotional breakdown over realizing the major I thought I'd settled on isn't the right one, or when I just need someone to chat with.

She's set an example of hard work.
From her weight loss (I'm still so proud :D) to being a working mom my entire life.

It spent my whole life being treated to incredible home-cooked meals, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.
I've always said, and will continue to say, that she should start her own restaurant.
I never realized just how lucky I was to get those meals until I moved away from home.
It's often that I call asking her to come make me dinner :)

I love my mom and I'm so thankful that she puts up with me getting so worked up over dumb things like insurance and forgetting croutons at the store.
I wouldn't have her any other way.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This is such a beautifully written tribute. Thank you so much - you are very talented. I love you and miss you. Hugs and kisses - Mom