Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16


About a half an hour after I woke up this morning I remember that it was Easter. My first thought was of my parents, and that this is my first Easter away from home. In that same respect, it's also my first Easter without an Easter basket or homemade dinner by my mom.

Though those things are nice, and dearly missed, I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to spend an Easter only in celebration of Jesus Christ and his atonement.
"Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered."
2 Nephi 2:7


"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet he shall live: 
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
John 11: 25-26

Happy Easter!

No comments: