Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Month in Europe: Venice

On our second day in Italy we took a day trip to Venice!

This was the day that I realized that my trip through Europe had officially taught me how to sleep in a moving vehicle, because I slept from the minute I sat down on the train to Venice until we arrived.
It was fantastic.

We had one goal for Venice: to get lost.
Let me tell you, it wasn't hard to do. 

We spent the day wandering the squares of Venice, looking at artwork and architecture, taking a gondola ride, and eating some delicious ravioli right there on the Grand Canal.











Venice is a dream.

Gondola riding with these lovely people! #venice
One year ago today I was eating the most delicious ravioli I've ever tasted on the Grand Canal in Venice right after a delightful gondola ride on said canal. What a dream it was. #venice #takemeback


What I loved most about this day was that it wasn't really anything special.
We were just able to wander around, get lost, and enjoy the unique beauty that is Venice.

The atmosphere was incredible, and it definitely helped that there were things like this happening throughout the city...



Venice, you treated us well.
It was a truly magical day.

No comments: