Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Month in Europe: From Munich to Milan

This day was our travel day to Milan!
You guys, this drive was honestly the most beautifully stunning drive of my life!

We went from Munich, Germany --> Rattenberg, Austria --> Lake Garda, Italy --> Milan, Italy.

We saw and drove through the Austrian Alps and then stopped for a while in the little Austrian town of Rattenberg. I immediately fell in love and Austria definitely made my list of places to go back to! 

Quick stop in Austria on our way from Munich to Milan! I will definitely be back to spend more time here one day. #austria
Rattenberg was so quaint and cute with the all of these amazing little shops.
One of the shops had just about every type of balsamic vinegar and olive oil you could imagine (among many other products) and I spent way too much time in there taste-testing them all!


I bought my mom blutorange (blood orange) balsamic vinegar and basilikum (basil) olive oil in these cute glass cork-top stackable jars.

I only spent a couple of hours in this charming Austrian town, but I will definitely be back to explore more of that beautiful country! #tbt #austria
I can't wait to go back to Austria some day, particularly Vienna.

From Rattenberg we traveled on to Italy.
As mentioned previously, this drive was absolutely stunning.
I was beyond exhausted and wanted nothing more than to sleep, but I wouldn't let myself because the drive was just perfect.

After traveling through the Austiran Alps we started to get into the rolling hills and vineyards in Italy.
It was a foggy day with some light rain, and I'm certain that Italy could not have been more beautiful than it was on our drive that day!

For dinner that night we stopped in Lake Garda, Italy.
Unfortunately, it was pouring rain and our choice of restaurant for dinner was rather unimpressive, but we did get our first taste of gelato, and it was divine.

Once we got to Milan and checked into our hotel, Hotel Raffaello, Katy and I went just across the street and had our first Italian pizza, and it lived up to all of our expectations!


Actually, it far exceeded our expectations, and we ended up going back the next night to get the same pizza for a midnight snack :)

We were off to a great start in Italy!

No comments: