Friday, June 14, 2013

Thoughts about the gym...

Who needs headphones when you can pick the most interesting looking couple to secure a treadmill next to and spend your long run listening to their interesting (and sometimes disturbing) conversations?

Ladies, why put on that extra layer of make-up before heading to the gym when you're just going to sweat it off?! (Or maybe you're not planning to sweat it off... Touche.)

The most painful decision I have to make in my life has to be whether or not to step off the treadmill and run to the bathroom with high hopes of my treadmill still being available when I return.
I've yet to gather enough courage to try this. I've seen too many treadmills hijacked (with the other person's things still in the cupholders...) to dare take the risk.
Instead I end up with a side ache which makes me end my run early.

Let's not be afraid of the free weights, okay?
I'd like to see some girls, unaccompanied, working in that area filled with too much testosterone.

In other words, I'm so glad it's summer and I can do all of my exercising outdoors.
Nothing compares to runs through the avenues, swims in the pool, and bike rides through the city.
It's going to be hard to leave all this behind and head back to the gym once the snow hits.


I love this city.



No comments: