Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mixed Emotions

Well, friends, I'm back on Facebook.
I would guess the majority of you didn't even know I was gone :)

It was actually a really great, and much needed experience.
I went through some withdrawals for the first day or so, but after I broke the habit of clicking on my Facebook tab after starting up my computer, it was easy.

Honestly, after about two days I had zero desire to even get on Facebook.
I saw such an improvement in the quality of my time in a matter of days.

I actually got my homework done early, I went to bed at a reasonable hour, I exercised, and I've diligently done the things I need to do to keep my life in check.
As a result of all of these things, I've been so much happier.

The only reason I re-activated it today was because of the election, and being semi-political, I wanted to feel somewhat connected to cyberspace as the day unfolded.
That said, I'm back with quite a bit of hesitation, so much so that I may or may not deactivate it again here soon.

It sounds pathetic, I know, but it was so freeing.
Let's hope I broke the habit for good :)

 

No comments: